- 350 g margarine
- 150 g brown sugar
- 250 g castor sugar
- 7 ml vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs
- 530 g cake flour
- 220 g chocolate chips
- 7 g baking powder
- Using an electric mixer, beat margarine, sugars, and vanilla essence for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined. Beat in eggs until combined.
- Stir in flour in 2 batches. Stir in chocolate chips and baking powder. Mix well.
- Keep dough in chiller to rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Shape dough into balls, about 40g each. Place on prepared trays, 3 cm apart. Press down slightly. Decorate with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.