Chicken & Bunapi Mushroom Fricassee
- 300 g chicken thighs, cubed, seasoned
- 100 g Malaysian Palm Oil
- 50 g white onions, diced
- 30 g leeks, diced
- 30 g celery, diced
- 20 g garlic, sliced
- 30 g carrots, diced
- 50 g bunapi mushrooms, sliced
- 10 g thyme, chopped
- 30 g chicken/turkey bacon
- 100 ml cooking cream
- 50 g egg, hard-boiled, chopped
- Filo sheets
- 100 g cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, grated
- 100 g dried chilli paste
- 30 g coriander powder
- 30 g fennel powder
- 20 g caraway powder
- 80 g garlic paste
- 100 ml Malaysian Palm Oil
- Heat up Malaysian Palm Oil and sear chicken. Remove chicken.
- Use the same oil to sauté the vegetables, except mushrooms, until fragrant.
- Add in mushrooms. Stir until liquid from the mushrooms is released. Add back seared chicken, thyme and chicken bacon.
- Add cooking cream. Reduce until thick. Add egg, stir well. Let the fricassee cool down at room temperature.
- Spread margarine on 5 layers of filo sheets. Place fricassee in the centre. Fold the filo into a pillow shape. Bake in the oven at 160°C for 15 minutes.
- For the Harissa dip lend all the ingredients into a paste using a blender. Keep in a jar, in a chiller. Season to taste with salt, pepper and white vinegar.