- 1.5 kg pears, cored and quartered
- 5 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 tsp palm oil
- 50 g margarine
- 80 g caster sugar
- 100 g margarine
- 100 g plain flour
- 60 g brown sugar
- 6 tbsp whole oats
- 2 tbsp milk
- 80 g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°.
- Heat palm oil in a fry pan. Melt margarine in it over moderate heat. Add sugar and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add pears, coating them with the sugar and margarine. Let the pears cook and soften while the sugar will start to caramelise. Stir in bananas. Pour mixture into a baking dish.
- To make the crumble, rub the margarine into the flour or use a food processor, until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in brown sugar, oats and milk until it turns lumpy. Stir in cashew nuts and chocolate.
- Scoop crumble mixture over the pears and bananas evenly. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and crunchy on top.
- Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream, and caramel. Serves 6-8 persons.