- 500 g mashed potato
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 g plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs like oregano,
- marjoram or flat leaf parsley,
- reserve some for garnishing
- 120 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp Malaysian Palm Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 500 g spinach, washed, blanched
- in salted water, then drained and
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 200 g blue cheese, crumbled
- Mix gnocchi ingredients to form a dough, then divide into four. Shape each piece into a long 1.5 cm thick rope and cut into 2.5 cm pieces.
- Shape each piece over the tines of a fork to form the traditional gnocchi shape. Cook gnocchi in boiling salted water until they float. Remove to drain in a colander.
- Place the stock, sugar, pepper, herbs and cashew nuts in a food processor and blitz to a paste.
- In a saucepan, heat the Malaysian Palm Oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add spinach, cashew nuts paste, cream and blue cheese. Bring to a simmer and turn off heat.
- Serve gnocchi with warm cheese sauce, garnished with herbs.