Nuts And Popcorn Mixture
- 70 g cashew nuts
- 70 g pumpkin seeds90 g sunflower seeds
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
Peanut Butter Caramel
- 150 g brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 125 g margarine
- 250 ml corn syrup
- 150 gm smooth peanut butter
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- For the nuts and popcorn mixture, Place nuts and seeds on a cookie sheet and roast in an oven set to 150˚C for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool in a large mixing bowl.
- Pop the popcorn, which should yield about 10 cups; discard any uncooked kernels. Toss popcorn and nuts together.
- For the peanut butter caramel, in a heavy pot, heat sugar, cream of tartar, margarine and corn syrup. Heat until mixture reaches the hard ball stage, whereby when a bit of it is dropped into a bowl of water, it forms a hard ball. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and baking soda, stirring quickly to blend. Make sure the mixture is well incorporated.
- While hot, quickly pour caramel over popcorn mixture, tossing until well coated and large clumps begin to form. Pour onto a greased, lined tray.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to cool completely. Break into smaller clumps of nuts and popcorn. Store in a ziplock bag or a large, airtight container.