- 3 tbsp Malaysian Red Palm Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ cauliflower, diced
- 2 cans tomatoes, crushed and
- juice reserved
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 ml water or chicken stock
- 100 ml santan sawit (palm milk)
- Heat Malaysian Red Palm Oil in a heavy-based pot. Sauté onion, carrot and celery over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add cauliflower, tomato and tomato juice. Add bay leaf and water or stock.
- Leave to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Blitz the mixture with a hand blender until smooth. Reheat and season to taste. Just before serving, pour the santan sawit into the soup and stir through. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.