- 2 medium eggplants
- Malaysian Palm Oil, for brushing
- Salt, to taste
Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 4–5 tbsp Malaysian Palm Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
- or ½ a bird’s eye chilli, chopped
- 400 g plum tomatoes, grilled
- peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 150 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 3 tsp finely-chopped fresh dill
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- To grill the eggplants cut off both ends of the eggplant. Slice lengthwise into ¾ cm thick, long slices. Brush slices with Malaysian Palm Oil, season with salt, and grill over charcoal fire until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the fresh tomato sauce, heat Malaysian Palm Oil, sauté garlic and red pepper flakes until garlic is golden. Add tomatoes, sugar and salt, and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens slightly.
- To make the cheese filling stir the ingredients together until well blended.
- Divide cheese mixture among grilled eggplant slices and roll up firmly. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Serve rolls topped with tomato sauce