- 50 g white fish
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ tsp coriander, chopped
- 1 egg
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g Malaysian palm oil for frying
- Boil, flake and mash the white fish. Set aside.
- Finely chop the onion, green chilli, ginger and coriander.
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix together the fish, onion, potatoes, chilli, ginger, salt, ground black peppercorn and coriander.
- Grease your hands, take small pieces of the mixture and shape into croquettes.
- Brush each croquette with the beaten egg and then roll the croquette in the breadcrumbs to coat evenly.
- Heat Malaysian palm oil in a pan and shallow fry the croquette until golden brown in colour.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and serve hot.