- 4 nos whole duck, portioned to quarter, keep the bone for soup
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 50 gm star anise
- 50 gm 5 spice powder
- 50 gm black peppercorn, crushed
- 80 gm salt
- 4 nos whole garlic, skin on, crushed
- 10 l Malaysian palm oil
- Marinate the portioned duck with 5 spice powder, black peppercorn and salt for 24 hours.
- Place the duck with skin-side down inside a deep chaffing dish.
- Add garlic, star anise, and cinnamon sticks. Then pour Malaysian palm oil, submerging the duck in it.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and bake for 2 ½ half hours.
- Remove the duck from the oil, place on a perforated tray, skin-side top. Let it dry.
- Just before serving, deep fry the duck in Malaysian palm oil until crispy. Serve.