- 300 gm flour
- 250 ml milk
- 200 gm sugar
- 125 ml palm oil
- 100 gm cocoa powder
- 100 gm pecan nuts- blind fried and roughly chopped
- 50 gm sweet basil leaves chopped
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- A pinch of salt
- 180 g chocolate chip
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Beat eggs until pale and fluffy for 3 minutes, then add sugar. Beat in milk and gradually beat in the oil.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, salt and baking powder together. Fold them into egg mixture. Mix in the pecan nuts and sweet basil.
- Fill the muffin tin. Bake at 180°C until crusty on top and a tester inserted comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Sift icing sugar over the muffins.