- 250 g margarine, softened
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder, dissolved into 3.4 cup water
- 400 g sugar
- 240 ml sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 115 g high quality bittersweet chocolate
- 70 g margarine, softened and cut into ½ ” pieces
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease then flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- For the cake, melt margarine in a pan over low heat. Stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Whisk in the espresso water. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, sour cream, vanilla and eggs to the hot mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk all into the mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- For the glaze, melt and mix chocolate, margarine, corn syrup and cinnamon in a double boiler.
- To assemble cake, pour warm glaze over bundt cake. Serve.