Ingredients for Chicken Mushroom Roulade
- 4 pieces of chicken breast, skin removed
- 150 g mushroom (mix portabello & white button)
- 100 g of boneless chicken fillet
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Malaysian palm oil
- salt & pepper
Ingredients for Potato & Sweet Potato Puree
- 500 g floury potatoes
- 500 g sweet potatoes (white flesh)
- 250 ml milk
- 110 g butter
- salt & pepper
Preparation Chicken Mushroom Roulade
- Cut the chicken fillet into small cubes.
- Heat Malaysia palm oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add cubed chicken filet, salt & pepper, after 3 to 4 minutes, add mix mushroom and garlic; cook it for 5 minutes. Set a side.
- Cut the chicken breast into 2
- Place the piece of chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ¼ inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over the chicken breast.
- Spread the cream cheese and the sautéed vegetables.
- Roll the chicken roulade from one end to form a cylinder, securing with a cocktail stick if necessary.
- Repeat the process for each of the three remaining chicken breasts.
- Poached for 15 minutes on a slow ebullition.
- Remove the cling wrap, heat 1 tbsp of Malaysian palm oil and place the roulade on the pan to have a nice colouration.
Preparation Potato & Sweet Potato Puree
- Put the potatoes, whole, in a pot and cover with cold water. Salt the water. Bring to a boil, and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes, depending on size.
- Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil, turn off the heat, cover, and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and peel while hot. Put them through a food mill set on the smallest setting over a large pot. Beat in the butter a piece at a time. Add into the mil splash by splash, until completely absorbed. Check the seasonings, and serve.