Ingredients for Cordon Bleu
- 4 chicken breast
- 4 chicken ham
- 60 g mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 100 g flour
- 100 g bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Malaysian palm oil
Ingredients for Sweet Potato chips
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 1 l Malaysian palm oil
- salt & pepper
Preparation for Cordon Bleu
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
- Cut a pocket in the chicken breast with a knife
- Put mozzarella on ham and roll it into a cylinder and insert it in the pocket of the chicken breast
- Put the chicken breast in the flour (remove the excess), then add the egg and finally add bread crumb.
- Heat Malaysian palm oil in a pan, fry the chicken breast to give a nice colouration and finish to cook in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes
Preparation Sweet Potato chips
- Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes thoroughly and slice them as uniformly thin as possible. If you have a mandolin, use it. Otherwise, use a very sharp knife to get them uniformly thin. Know that chips that are too thick in parts won’t crisp up all the way. Still delicious, just not “chip” crispiness.
- Remove a handful of sweet potato slices from the water and drain well on paper towels. Heat the Malaysian palm oil in a deep fryer or about 1 inch deep in an electric skillet or deep skillet on the stovetop. Make sure the pan is no more than half full of oil.
- Place a double layer of paper towels across a large bowl or container.
- Fry the sweet potato slices in one layer batches for a minute or two, or until golden brown.
- Lift chips out with a slotted metal spoon and let excess oil drip back into the pan. Transfer the slices to the paper towel-lined bowl and gently shake the bowl or grasp the paper towels by the ends and move back and forth so the chips will drain thoroughly.
- Remove them to a pan lined with paper towels, repeat with the remaining chips.
- Let the chips cool completely and then sprinkle with salt before serving.