- 1 no breaded chicken
- 100 g German potatoes salad
- 80 g mesclun salad
- 20 g sesame dressing
- 20 g fried parsley
- 160 g boneless chicken legs, flattened
- 3 g salt
- 2 g white pepper powder
- 1 g Japanese chilli powder
- 30 g flour
- 1 no egg, lightly beaten
- 120 g Japanese white bread crumbs
- 2 l Malaysian palm oil
- Season chicken, coat in flour, shake excess flour. Dip chicken in lightly beaten egg then coat in bread crumbs. Press each side with the bread crumbs so the crumbs will stick to the chicken. Place in chiller for 1 hour.
- Heat up Malaysian palm oil to 200 degree Celcius and fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place on kitchen paper towel.
German Potato Salad with Vinaigrette
- 500 g potatoes (yellow Finnish, red skin, russet)
- 200 g cucumber, slice thinly
- 50 g beef bacon, chopped
- 40 g white vinegar
- 60 g Malaysian red palm oil
- 150 g chicken stock
- 30 g onions, chopped
- 20 g chives
- 5 g salt
- 4 g crushed black peppercorns
Water for boiling the potato
- 2 l water
- 20 g salt
- 1 no bay leaf
- 3 g caraway seed
To prepare German potato salad
- Boil unpeeled potatoes till they are done, but still firm.
- Drain the water and let it cool for 45 minutes. Peel the potatoes.
- In a sauté pan, heat up 30g Malaysian red palm oil and fry bacon crisp. Add onion. Sauté for one minute. Add the stock and vinegar. Let simmer once.
- Slice cucumber thin with the skin and seed
- In a bowl, mix potatoes, cucumber, and the chicken stock (vinaigrette) add salt and pepper toss together add rest of red palm oil.
- The consistency should be mushy but not runny, taste and add seasoning or some stock if needed
- Let rest for 30 minute and sprinkle the chive on top
- 300 ml red palm Oil
- 1 pkt (4gm) dashi powder
- 20 ml warm water
- 2 no pasteurised egg yolks
- 20 ml rice vinegar
- 6 g bamboo salt
- 3 g white pepper powder Sarawak
- 5 g mustard karashi
To prepare Asian mayonnaise
- Dissolve dashi in warm water. Let cool.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except Malaysian red palm oil and roasted sesame seeds.
- Whisk in Malaysian red palm oil slowly to the egg yolk mixure.
- Whisk in the sesame seeds. Season as required.
- 500 g Asian/Japanese mayonnaise
- 7 g white roasted sesame seed powder
- 5 g white roasted sesame seeds
- 10 ml sesame 0il
- 20 ml soy sauce
To prepare sesame dressing
- Blend and add the roasted sesame seeds to it.
- 200 g parsley
- 3 g salt
- 1 l palm oil
To prepare fried parsley
- Remove stems from parsley. Wash and dry on kitchen paper towel.
- Heat Malaysian palm oil to 200 degree Celcius. Briefly stir fry parsley for 5 to 7 seconds. Remove parsley and place on kitchen paper towel. Season with salt.
- Place chicken and a plat mix salad with dressing place on the side of the chicken, top fried parsley on the chicken and serve potatoes salad on the side