Makes 2 portion
- 250 g Arborio Rice/Italian Rice
- 60 g Onion, chopped
- 500 ml Chicken stock, hot
- 100 g Butter
- 80 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 l Malaysian palm oil
- 300 ml Arabbiata Sauce
- 3 g Saffron
- Salt and Black pepper
- 3 tbsp Malaysian Red Palm Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp chili powder/dry chili flakes
- 250 g Italian tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 10 no fresh basil leaf
- Salt and black pepper
- Warm the Malaysian red palm oil in a pan on a medium heat, and then add the crushed garlic and cook, stirring, for about a minute, until it is softened but not burnt.
- Add the chilli and cook for a further minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée, and if you are using dried basil, add that now too. Then when it’s bubbling gently, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté Onion in Malaysian palm oil, until translucent not burnt, add the rice, the saffron and continue stirring.
- Pour the hot chicken stock little by little and stir until rice cook for about 18 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the fire and add parmesan cheese and butter.
- Mix well and transfer the rice to a flat insert. Wait until cold.
- Once cold, make same rice balls, pass them through flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry in Malaysian Palm oil and serve with Spicy Arrabbiata Sauce.