- 2 chicken breasts, rub with salt and pepper
- 1 torch ginger flower, roughly cut
- palm oil for pan frying
- 1 cup of tamarind water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish granules
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of brown sugar
- Springs of coriander to garnish
- 2 tbsp red palm oil to fry the spice paste
- 20 dried chillies – deseeded, soaked in hot water until soft then drained
- 3 onions – roughly chopped
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 2 inches fresh turmeric / 3tsp turmeric powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- Blend all paste ingredients with some water
- Heat red palm oil in a pan. Fry the spice paste and stir occasionally. Pour in some water if necessary
- Put in ginger flower and tamarind water and bring it to the boil. Add salt, pepper, and brown sugar
- Pour in coconut milk and simmer gently to thicken. Season with salt, pepper and fish granules. When cooked, take it off the heat and blend it until smooth. Sieve.
- Heat palm oil and pan-fry the chicken breast for a few minutes on each side to get the browning evenly. Lower the flame to medium low and continue pan frying the chicken breast until just thoroughly cooked. Cool and slice.
- Pour on chicken garnished with springs of coriander.