- 200 g quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Malaysian palm oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g shitake mushroom
- 200 g portabello mushroom
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 handful of chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large pan, gently fry onions in Malaysian palm oil over a medium heat till soft, add the garlic after 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add quinoa and stir for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms.
- Add a third of the stock. Gently simmer for 30 minutes (or until the quinoa is soft), As the vegetable stock started to reduce, gradually add more stock as required. Use all of the vegetable stock.
- Once all of the vegetable stock is reduced and quinoa softens, stir in parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.