Ingredients for Grissini Dough ( 30 grissini)
- 250 g flour
- 7.5 g salt
- 1 coffee spoon yeast
- 120 ml water
- 25 ml Malaysian palm oil
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 100 g cream cheese
- 80 g sour cream
- 20 g spring onions
- 5 g pink pepper
- lime juice
Ingredients for Eggplant Caviar Dipping Sauce
- 2 globe eggplants
- 2 tbsp Malaysian palm oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp basil and parsley
Preparation for Grissini Dough
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt, leave a hole in the middle of the mixture and add yeast in the hole.
- Poor warm water and Malaysian palm oil.
- Beat the mixture until it become smooth, Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough: Shape the dough into a rough, flat rectangle. Slice a finger-sized piece from one end of the rectangle with a sharp knife or a bench scrapper. Roll it into a long, irregularly shaped snake and place on baking sheet. Continue with the remaining dough, place the snake-like dough about 1/2″ apart.
- You can add sesame seeds or cheese on the snake-like dough!
- Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes at 180°C.
Preparation for Dipping Sauce
Spring Onions Cream Cheese
- Combine together spring onions, cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pink pepper and mix until a spreadable texture is formed.
- Poke each eggplant a few times with a sharp knife.
- Rest the eggplants over a gas flame on the stove top until they charred on the outside and feel soft and wilted. Then, roast them for 20 minutes.
- Scrap the pulp from the skin into a bowl of a food processor.
- Add Malaysian palm oil, garlic, salt and pepper
- Pulse the food processor until the mixture is smooth. Add the herbs and pulse again.
- Season and serve.