- 500 g prawns
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 g ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- half a pineapple
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp water (to mix with corn starch)
- 2 tbsp Malaysian palm oil
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a jug and set aside.
- Heat Malaysian palm oil in a large wok over a high heat and when the wok begins to smoke a little, add garlic, ginger and spring onions. Toss the ingredients in the wok with a metal spatula for 20 seconds.
- Add prawns and capsicum and continue to cook for 1 minutes, and then add the pineapple cubes.
- Pour in the sauce and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens and then serve immediately with steamed or fried rice.